News
Harvard Grad Union Agrees To Bargain Without Ground Rules
News
Harvard Chabad Petitions to Change City Zoning Laws
News
Kestenbaum Files Opposition to Harvard’s Request for Documents
News
Harvard Agrees to a 1-Year $6 Million PILOT Agreement With the City of Cambridge
News
HUA Election Will Feature No Referenda or Survey Questions
With almost all of the applicants' responses in, slightly more than 76 per cent of the applicants admitted to the Class of 1981 have told the Admissions Office that they plan to attend Harvard.
When the remaining accepted applicants contact the admissions office by the deadline Monday the figure will probably drop to 75 per cent, William Fitzsimmons, director of admissions, said yesterday.
The 54 students who have not yet responded are mostly foreign applicants or students applying for financial aid and are less likely to attend, Fitzsimmons said.
He added that 15 of the 30 responses received yesterday were negative.
While letters sent with acceptance notices encourage accepted students to defer their admission, only 32 students have so far taken that option, roughly the same number as last year.
Want to keep up with breaking news? Subscribe to our email newsletter.