News
Harvard Grad Union Agrees To Bargain Without Ground Rules
News
Harvard Chabad Petitions to Change City Zoning Laws
News
Kestenbaum Files Opposition to Harvard’s Request for Documents
News
Harvard Agrees to a 1-Year $6 Million PILOT Agreement With the City of Cambridge
News
HUA Election Will Feature No Referenda or Survey Questions
The Celtic Department, the only one of its kind in the country, will open its own library in Widener in late March.
The library, to be located in room 774, will be named for Fred Norris Robinson '91, Gurney Professor of English Literature, Emeritus, who is donating most of the books from his own collection.
The room will contain about 2,000 volumes on Celtic language and literature and will be open mainly to Faculty and concentrators in Celtic.
Works on Celtic are now distributed among the Linguistics, British History, French History, and Celtic sections of the Widener stacks.
Robinson is the editor of The Works of Geoffrey Chancer, the textbook used in English 115. He did his graduate work in Germany before returning to Harvard to teach. He retired in 1959.
Robinson taught courses in early Irish and Welsh. According to Charles W. Dunn '42, professor of Celtic Languages. Dunn, even though a member of the English Department, was of "great assistance" to the Celtic Department.
Want to keep up with breaking news? Subscribe to our email newsletter.